Mayasoft believes that the responsible use of personal information is critical to the continued success of the Internet. As such, we are committed to the highest standards in protecting and safeguarding your right to privacy while using and interacting with our Web site.
While you can access most areas of our Web site without submitting any personal data, there are certain areas of our site that request specific personal information including name, phone number, and e-mail address. Our intent is to allow you as much control as possible over your personal information. Below we explain how Mayasoft uses your information.
Data Collection Overview
- Server Logs: For each visitor to the Mayasoft Web site, our Web server automatically recognizes the visitor's domain name, browser type, operating system, entry page, exit page, and average time on the Web site. This information is used for internal purposes only in helping us improve our Web site and better your overall experience.
- Online Forms: We use online forms in several areas of our Web site. Online forms provide site visitors with an opportunity to request company and product information, request product downloads and demos, view Mayasoft white papers, register for free Mayasoft e-Seminars, and enroll for various services including training, consulting and support. All information provided by the visitor is voluntary, with information generally including name, address, company, and e-mail. We will sometimes use this information to contact visitors for marketing, sales, service and support purposes.
- Site Feedback Survey: The Mayasoft Web site feedback survey is a voluntary questionnaire that solicits visitor feedback on your experience using the Mayasoft Web site. Visitors remain anonymous unless they choose to provide their name and e-mail address. Information is used to better the Mayasoft Web site and provide a more engaging and useful experience for site visitors.
- Mayasoft Company Store: When you order goods from our online Mayasoft Company Store, we need to know your name, e-mail address, billing address, shipping address, credit card number, and expiration date. This allows us to process and fulfill your order and to notify you of your order status.
- Web Polls: when you respond to a Web Poll on the Mayasoft.com Web site, we may ask for your name, mailing address, and e-mail address to contact visitors for marketing, sales, service and support purposes. Information regarding an individual poll vote are tabulated in aggregate and remains anonymous.
- Contest & Promotions: When you enter a contest or other promotional feature, we may ask for your name, mailing address, and e-mail address so that we can administer the contest and notify winners.
When used properly, cookies can improve the utility of a site by being able to securely store and apply personal data that visitors have voluntarily shared with the site.
"Cookies" are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any personal identification information, but they do enable us to store site preferences, form information between visits, and items in your shopping cart. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser settings to prevent such acceptance. Doing so, however, may result in disabling the functionality we have in place to better serve your needs.
Mayasoft does not use Web bugs or any other type of "hidden detection and tracking" technology or coding in its web pages.
Web bugs, or clear GIFs, are tiny images embedded in a Web page or HTML-enhanced e-mail that transmit information to a remote computer when the page is viewed. Businesses operating on the Internet often use them to track visitor behavior or to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
For more detailed information about web bugs, what they are, and why and how they are used, please visit the Privacy Foundation Web site (not affiliated with Mayasoft).
We do not collect e-mail addresses without the site visitor voluntarily providing us with this information (typically via our online information request form, whitepaper request form, Mayasoft e-Flash! newsletter subscription form, and other Web site forms and surveys).
We will periodically use your e-mail information for service, sales, support, and marketing purposes. If you do not wish to receive e-mail from us in the future, please contact us.
Postal Addresses (Snail Mail)
We do not collect postal addresses without the site visitor voluntarily providing us with this information (typically via our online information request form, whitepaper request form, Mayasoft e-Flash! newsletter subscription form, and other Web site forms and surveys).
We will periodically use your postal address information for service, sales, support, and marketing purposes. If you do not wish to receive postal mailings from us in the future, please contact us.
We do not collect telephone numbers without the site visitor voluntarily providing us with this information (typically via our online information request form, whitepaper request form, Mayasoft e-Flash! newsletter subscription form, and other Web site forms and surveys).
We will periodically use your telephone information to contact you regarding service, sales, support, and marketing purposes. If you do not wish to receive calls from us in the future, please contact us.
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
We may release account information when Mayasoft believes, in good faith, that such release is reasonably necessary to (i) comply with the law, (ii) enforce or apply the terms of any of our user agreements or (iii) protect the rights, property or safety of Mayasoft, our visitors, or others.
Upon request, Mayasoft will provide site visitors with access to their personal information that we have on record. This may include unique identifier information (e.g., visitor number or password information), transaction information (e.g., dates on which visitors made purchases, amounts and types of purchases), and contact information (e.g., name, address, e-mail, and phone number information) as well as communications (e.g., e-mails and completed forms) that the visitor directed to our site.
Visitors can request their personal information at any time by contacting us. We will make every effort to ensure your right to privacy by reviewing, qualifying and validating Visitor Information Requests before disseminating such information.
Security: Online and Offline
We have licensed the industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology that permits encryption of potentially sensitive information such as your name, address and credit card number. This will make your information unusable in the event of unauthorized third-party interception.
Additionally, we have appropriate security measures in place at our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
For ShopMayasoft, all transactions are encrypted with a 40-bit passkey, for which only Mayasoft holds the decryption key. If you are concerned about the privacy of your credit card information, we encourage you to submit your ShopMayasoft order via phone or fax or you may contact us at 1 800 746 7220.
Other Web Sites & Your Privacy Concerns
Our Web site contains links to other company and organizational Web sites that are not owned or operated by Mayasoft. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites. For more information on your privacy rights with regards to these sites, please refer to the privacy policies of each respective site that you visit.